Deal with gas and bloating quickly and effectively at home with these 7 remedies
Have you ever been out when, all of a sudden, you’re in pain? Your stomach is filling with gas, and the only way you’re going to find relief is through passing it. Tooting in public can be embarrassing though. If you manage to avoid a noisy one, it may be really smelly, which is often worse.
Having ways to prevent and fight gas and bloating is the best way to deal with the problem. If the gas never forms to begin with, no embarrassment has to happen. Check out these seven ways you can try fighting embarrassing bloating and gas.
1. Teas. If you discover your stomach is giving you problems, make some tea. Brigham Health recommends peppermint, chamomile, anise, caraway, coriander, fennel, and turmeric tea. For seeds such as anise, caraway, coriander, and fennel, Reader’s Digest recommends pouring one cup of hot water over one to two teaspoons of crushed seeds and letting it steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Drinks. One gas-causing culprit may be what you drink. The Mayo Clinic says to avoid drinking lots of carbonated beverages and beer. Medical News Today recommends drinking beverages at room temperature to help eliminate gas and bloating.
3. Activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is an easy solution that can be purchased over the counter. When you first notice you’re having problems after eating, take some activated charcoal. It may eliminate gas entirely.
4. Enzymes. Another culprit for gas could be what you’re eating. Medical News Today states that certain sugars found in milk, onions, beans, wheat, green leafy vegetables, and artificial sweeteners can be hard for some people’s bodies to break down. WebMD recommends taking the necessary enzymes to help out your body, such as Beano and Lactaid.
5. Fruits. Another way to help reduce gas and bloating is by “eating raw, low-sugar fruits, such as apricots, blackberries, blueberries, cranberries, grapefruits, peaches, strawberries, and watermelons,” according to Medical News Today.
6. Exercise. If you find yourself in the midst of a gas attack or having eaten a meal that may create gas, Medical News Today recommends getting up and going for a walk. The movement will help the gas to move through the intestines and help prevent an explosion that could prove to be embarrassing.
7. Yellow mustard. Top 10 Home Remedies recommends swallowing one teaspoon to one tablespoon of yellow mustard if you’re having gas trouble. You can wash it down with water if necessary. The idea is that the turmeric found in mustard will help reduce the gas. No studies have been done to see if this actually works, so you’ll have to be the judge.
With so many easy ways to control stomach gas, you might be able to stop your problems before they even start. Discover your triggers and learn what works so you won’t have to suffer in public again.
Source : https://home.remedydaily.com/2017/12/04/deal-with-gas-and-bloating-quickly-and-effectively-at-home-with-these-7-remedies/?src=fbfan_62773&t=fbsub_homeremedies&rp=20190303&fbclid=IwAR1cwU_5eDphKFK1XjzcSeshhzxwRxARScH44CBnUxPvk4hMSB-i0q7jlno