Don’t suffer from dry, itchy eyes. Try one of these 5 home remedies
Dry, itchy eyes are uncomfortable. You rub them in hopes of finding relief; but instead you cause them to itch more. This starts an unending cycle that you just can’t seem to win.
Red, itchy eyes can be caused by allergic reactions, dehydration, or clogged tear ducts. Figure out the source of the irritation, and take appropriate steps to combat the problem. Several of these remedies give temporary relief, and some give a more permanent solution. Check out the five home remedies below.
1. Saline drops. Replacing your body’s own natural tears is a great way to quickly relieve dry, itchy eyes. Everyday Roots says you can make your own drops by putting two sodium chloride tablets in 1 cup of filtered water. Put the solution in a jar with a dropper, and feel free to use it.
2. Warm compress. If your eyes are really bothering you, Medical News Today recommends using a warm compress for about five minutes. After that, use baby shampoo to gently wash your eyes and eyelashes, and massage the area at the base of your eyelashes. This will help release the oils in the tear glands and inspire your own natural tear production.
3. Castor oil. The Mayo Clinic and One Good Thing recommend using castor oil drops in your eyes. One Good Thing says to use just one drop of oil in each eye.
4. Oily fish. According to WebMD, eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids may help those who have constant problems with dry eyes. Salmon, tuna, sardines, trout, and mackerel are great sources of omega-3s.
5. Hydrate. When you are dehydrated, your eyes will tend to dry out faster. WebMD recommends drinking eight to 10 glasses of liquid throughout the day if you suffer from dry eyes. Avoiding caffeine will give you better results.
Be sure to see an optometrist or doctor if symptoms don’t improve or worsen. Finding the relief you need could be within your grasp. Say goodbye to itchy eyes with these home remedies.
Source : https://home.remedydaily.com/2017/12/04/dont-suffer-with-dry-itchy-eyes-try-one-of-these-5-home-remedies/?src=fbfan_62772&t=fbsub_homeremedies&rp=20190304&fbclid=IwAR3it_dIIWL5SfW7O39uhawK0Eq-OcbRt7gS30m6FHKWLvF70RRQ-SEzn0c