Have a scar that you want to get rid of? Try one of these 5 home remedies
Scars can occur because of childhood illnesses such as chicken pox or teenage battles with acne. Sometimes an accident happens that leaves a gash or burn that later scars. No one likes a scar, but can it be easily removed?
Home remedies can do a lot of things, but not everything in life can be fixed by slathering on some honey, lemon juice or aloe vera. A lot of home remedies have been passed around for scar removal, but few have actual science to back them up. Listed below are 5 home remedies and whether they work or not.
1. Silicone gel or sheeting. Silicone sheeting or gel can be bought in many over-the-counter scar treatment products. According to the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, using a product with silicone in it will help smooth the transition from scars to regular skin and help the scars blend in better.
2. Onion extract. Wiley Online Library shares that onion extract gel applied to post-surgical scars has the ability improve the appearance of scars.
3. Aloe Vera. Aloe vera gel is great for treating wounds and causing them to heal quickly and preventing infection; but Medical News Today says that no scientific evidence supports the claims that once a scar has formed, the gel will help remove it.
4. Manuka honey. Manuka honey is another home remedy that is often tossed out, or honey in general. Manuka honey, specifically, is great for healing wounds and preventing infection. It may help prevent scarring as well. No evidence exists to support the idea that honey helps remove an existing scar, though, according to Medical News Today.
5. Cucumber juice. Cucumbers have a lot of great health benefits, and one claim that is being passed around is that putting cucumber juice on scars for 45 minutes and washing it off will help make them go away. Cucumbers might help reduce circles and puffiness, but no scientific evidence exists to support this idea either.
The good news with each of these home remedies is that no harm is supposed to come from any of them. You can feel free to try them and see if your scars go away. Who knows, you may be one of the lucky ones!
Source : https://home.remedydaily.com/2017/11/20/have-a-scar-that-you-want-to-get-rid-of-try-one-of-these-5-home-remedies/?src=fbfan_62546&t=fbsub_homeremedies&rp=20190107&fbclid=IwAR2y0hPeWCKWeglyQqieAeCluf_BVGbnr_XxjlF7vjON2FO6dxVKzfbpkDA