Here are 6 things you should have on hand for when you’re suffering from diarrhea
Whether you’ve caught the flu or eaten something bad and contracted food poisoning, getting a case of diarrhea stinks! You spend your day running to the bathroom, loosing anything you eat or drink. By the end of the day, you’re exhausted and weak.
If you start suffering from diarrhea, you should have certain things on hand for when the diarrhea lets up and you can start eating. You’re going to need to replace key minerals and liquids, so keeping these items handy will keep you from running to the store. Check out the 6 things you should have to help combat the effects of diarrhea.
1. Liquid. As soon as you are able, the Mayo Clinic says to start replacing the liquids you have lost. Clear liquids that are easy on your system are best: broths, juices, water, etc. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
2. Probiotics. Diarrhea tends to strip your system of its healthy bacteria. As soon as you are able, Healthline says to eat a diet that is rich in probiotics: Dark chocolate, aged soft cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, sourdough bread, pickles, kimchi and sauerkraut are a few great foods.
3. Harsh foods. Just as there are some foods you need to eat, there are some you need to avoid, according to WebMD. Stay away from fried foods, spicy foods, fruit and high fiber foods.
4. Electrolytes. Medical News Today points out that diarrhea often results in the loss of electrolytes, so replacing them is important. You can do this through sports drinks or your food. High sodium soups and broths and saltine crackers are a great place to start.
5. Potassium. Potassium is another mineral that Medical News Todayreminds you to replace. Bananas, fruit juices and peeled potatoes make great easy-to-digest sources.
6. Soluble fiber. Firming up your soft stool helps keep you from constantly running to the bathroom. Medical News Today points out that bananas, white rice and oatmeal are good sources of soluble fiber that will help solidify loose stool.
If you should end up being one of diarrhea’s victims, be armed with things that will help you bounce back quickly. Diarrhea may hit you hard, but you don’t have to let it be the victor.
Source : https://home.remedydaily.com/2018/01/15/here-are-6-things-you-should-have-on-hand-for-when-youre-suffering-from-diarrhea-/?src=fbfan_63525&t=fbsub_homeremedies&rp=20190130&fbclid=IwAR1y0jnvIj_7yDFZK5WRN0xXleADSHuxke-xO74-_MOujhzn_y-17DbyRtU