How to Lose Weight After 40 For Women (Quick Tips)
- Admit to yourself that what worked when you were younger isn’t what may work right now.
- Stay on top of your hormones. Get labs done, and know how healthy your thyroid, adrenals, and sex hormones are.
- Be really diligent about setting goals and keeping an journal of your feelings, emotions and head space along the way.
- Make an effort to train when you know you can commit.
- Focus equally on weight training, cardio AND nutrition. Transformation Trifecta. All 3 must be in place to see the most success.
- In the gym lift heavy to keep muscle keep your metabolism high, mid protect your bones. Lift over various rep ranges.
- Mix up your cardio between steady state and high intensity work. Don’t look at cardio as ways to simply burn fat, but to keep your heart and lungs in better condition over time.
- Find a diet that works with your lifestyle. It’s not so much about following a specific TYPE of diet or fad. Instead it’s more important to find what works for you, your preferences and your lifestyle. And something you can sustain for years to come.
- Track your meals with meal tracking programs to know what you are putting into you or body, and if you are eating enough to see the changes you want.
- Prepare ahead a time for life, and don’t beat yourself up if things get busy. Learn how to work around obstacles to keep on track work your goals, your workouts, and your commitment to yourself to be a better woman.
- Shift your mindset to eliminate the negativity you’ve accumulated about yourself over the years. And know you are only as limited as you allow yourself to be.