Want to try and get rid of a mole? Think twice before trying these common home remedies
Moles are very common in people and according to WebMD, are simply caused “when cells in the skin grow in a cluster instead of being spread throughout the skin.” The cells turn brown in color and may become raised. The good news is that most moles don’t need to be removed. For those mole that are unsightly or in a spot that you don’t like, you should see your doctor to find the best removal method for it.
Before deciding to try a home remedy to get rid of the mole, Healthline points out that a doctor needs to determine if the mole is cancerous first. Trying to remove a cancerous mole could prove to be life-threatening. Many of the other home remedies are either ineffective or can leave you with nasty scars. Listed below are 5 home remedies for mole removal you should avoid.
1. Garlic. SkinCareGUIDE says that you can burn a mole off by taping raw garlic to the mole and leaving it there. The garlic is supposed to shrink the mole.
2. Apple cider vinegar. Top 10 Home Remedies recommends trying to burn the mole off by using apple cider vinegar. You soak a cotton ball in vinegar and tape it the mole overnight. The mole is supposed to form a scab and fall off.
3. Iodine. EARTHCLINIC says to apply iodine to the mole, and the iodine is supposed to “eradicate” the cells that cause the moles.
4. Pineapple juice. Pineapple juice is used by Top 10 Home Remedies to lighten the pigment of the mole. Apply the juice to the mole and let it dry. Do this several times a day.
5. Oils. Home Remedies lists tea tree oil, frankincense oil and castor oil as three oils you can place on the moles to help get rid of them.
Rather than taking a risk on unproven home remedies, you can cover up a mole with some makeup. If removal is a must, speak with your doctor. When your health is at risk, taking chances shouldn’t be an option.
Source : https://home.remedydaily.com/2018/01/09/want-to-try-and-get-rid-of-a-mole-think-twice-before-trying-these-common-home-remedies/?src=fbfan_63405&t=fbsub_homeremedies&rp=20190328&fbclid=IwAR0nq3eTkpW5WdkALeLkIc69goYH76qAsFpiQ55GAJrTl2beql08J9E5yUI