Yoga For Your Abs
Five of the most effective yoga poses to de-stress, strengthen your core and sculpt a sexy stomach.
- Sit with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Grasp your legs under your thighs, slightly above your knees.
- Lean back slightly. Lift your feet off the floor so that your shins are parallel to the floor. Press the sides of your feet together.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of your at shoulder height, with palms facing up.
- Straighten and raise your legs toward the ceiling until your body forms a V shape.
Rock roll pushup
- Begin in plank.
- Draw your right knee up, bringing your kneecap toward your nose.
- Draw your right thigh up toward the midline of your body.
- Point the toes of your right foot, and squeeze your raised right leg into your body.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Begin in seated staff.
- Press down into your hands. Lift your legs and hips off the floor.
- Bring the soles of your feet toward the floor so your ankles, hips, and shoulders make a straight, diagonal line.
- Allow your head to drop back slightly so your chin points toward the ceiling.
- From downward-facing dog, step your right foot forward between your hands, aligning your knee over your heel.
- Lower your left knee towards, but not touching, the floor.
- Raise your torso and lift your arms overhead, drawing your shoulder blades down your back.
- Repeat on opposite side.
- Lie belly down, toes and forehead pressing gently into the floor.
- Place your palms next to your body along the sides of your chest, with your elbows bent and your fingers pointing straight ahead.
- Press down into your palms, curling your shoulders and chest off the floor.